The design of brushless DC motors makes them well suited to a wide range of industrial applications. Brushless DC motors harness electric commutation using permanent magnets to power the motor. As a result, BLDC industrial motors operate free of the sparks and friction generated by traditional brushed motors.
Some of the more common mechanical applications of motors in industrial equipment include:
- Linear motors
- Industrial actuators
- Feed motors
- Extruder drive motors
- Other CNC tooling applications
These mechanical components perform essential functions in a variety of industrial machinery. Examples of equipment that uses BLDC motors include:
- Brushless industrial motors are commonly used in windmills to help control and stabilize blade motion.
- Industrial robots also rely on brushless DC motors to carry out precision manufacturing tasks — servo motors operate the robot’s joints while encoder-equipped motors help to power the machine’s arm.
- Many simple ancillary machines utilize brushless DC motors as well, especially in factory settings. BLDC motors power conveyor belts, machine presses, and machine tools.
- BLDC motors are integral in iron and steel production and are responsible for powering cold rolling mills.
Brushless industrial motors also facilitate the function of a variety of heavy equipment, including:
- Automated guided vehicles (AGVs)
- Cargo ships
- Construction equipment
- Drainage pumps
- Mining equipment
- Nut runners
- Offshore oil drills
- Solar arrays
- Stage lighting
Elinco International JPC can work with you to help design a custom BLDC motor for your specific application. For more information on our brushless DC industrial motors, contact us today.